Being a great boss to your employees doesn’t just help them. It helps you, too. A great boss is able to please his employees and his boss. In fact, those two goals have more in common than you might think.
Answer these questions to gain a better perspective of your situation.
1. Do I currently have the most helpful employees in place? Do I have the option to change my team members?
2. What do each of my employees want long term? How can I help them to reach those goals?
3. How can I set a better example for my employees?
4. What does my boss need? How is she judged by her boss?
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of my team members?
6. How can I communicate more effectively with my employees? What do they need to know?
7. What are my career aspirations?